Premiere Props announced they will be auctioning off over 500 movie props and entertainment memorabilia including several miniatures from the Academy Award®winning 21st Century Creative Studio, New Deal Studios at their Hollywood Extravaganza Auction on Saturday, December 12, 2015 at their headquarters in El Segundo, CA. There will be a preview from 9-11am PT with the live auction beginning at 11am PT.
Featured miniatures include:
· “Iron Man” - The only remaining pair from a set of 3 Transformer Junction boxes and a pencil drawing of the Tokomak Transformer
· “Dark Knight Rises” - The signature Embraer miniature airplane from the opening sequence
· “Pirates Of The Caribbean: On Stranger Tides” - The coal wagon with Jack Sparrow
· “Men In Black” - The alien smuggling van and tractor trailer from the opening sequence
· “Alien: Resurrection” – Space freighter Betty
· “End Of Days” – The demon creature light study model maquette from the Stan Winston Studios
· “National Treasure” - The treasure room including many of its artifacts discovered during Benjamin Franklin Gates climatic scene
· “Pitch Black” - the engine module from merchant vessel Hunter Gratzner
· Disneyland - Historic oil derricks made exclusively for the Epcot Center Universe of Energy ride
· Backstreet Boys “Larger Than Life” music video - A fighter spaceship
· Absolut Vodka - The miniature city set complete with movable miniature train and elaborate dome from a commercial campaign
“This is a great opportunity because it’s like classic cars, they just don’t make movies like this any longer”, says Shannon Gans, CEO Co-Founder, New Deal Studios. “This is your chance to own something that is handmade or hand drawn by the best artists in the industry.”
“Entertainment memorabilia makes a wonderful holiday present”, says Dan Levin, Executive Vice President, Premiere Props. “We are thrilled that we can offer collectors an amazing array of items this holiday season.”
In addition other props to be auctioned off include:
· “Star Wars” - 1st generation original 1977 ADR sound tape looping session recording and Episode IV’s A New Hope Luke Skywalker artist proof edition lightsaber
· “Jurassic Park” - Animatronic dinosaurs
· “Men In Black 3” - Hero costumes worn by Will Smith, Tommy Lee Jones and Josh Brolin
· “Planet of the Apes” - Life size figure from the 1968 film
· “The Lone Ranger” -Clayton Moore’s screen worn Lone Ranger pants
· Sam Kinison - Overcoat and beret featured on the “Louder Than Hell” album cover and worn on “Saturday Night Live” in December 1985
· Puppets – Life size movable puppets from the creators of the Muppets
Two additional Star Wars items have been added and they include:
“Han Solo” in carbonite test bust from Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back. (TCF, 1980) One of the most iconic images in film of all time is “Han Solo” (Harrison Ford) frozen in a block of Carbonite at the climatic ending of Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back. This is a production-made test bust of “Solo’s” face frozen in Carbonite. Since the full-body prop had to appear to float via antigravity units embedded in its sides, this test 15 x 13 x 5 in. “Solo” head, incorporating a lifemask of Ford, was constructed of lightweight vacuum formed plastic to gauge the durability of the ultimate prop and to allow it to hover on wires. Painted in gunmetal gray/silver in post-production. There is one visible crack on the flashing of the plastic, however does not affect the head or face. In vintage, very good to fine condition.
Twin-pod “Cloud Car” from Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back. (TCF, 1980) This “Cloud Car” from Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back was expertly recreated using several production-made vacuum formed shell components comprising the ship’s twin hulls and cockpit. The 18 x 20 x 7 in. model has been finished for display, post-production, by adding the linking section or “bridge” between the two pod capsules, 2-detailed pilot figures and surface detailing in orange, rust and black. This type of ship is clearly seen in the film through the cockpit window of the Millennium Falcon. The impressive restoration was executed by Vision Scenery. Comes on a 12 x 12 in. wooden base suspended on an 8 in. post.
Fans can starting bidding now, placing bids online at http://www.icollector.com/ and http://www.liveauctioneers.com or calling to set up phone bidding with a Premiere Props representative.
Collectors can place proxy bids until the Hollywood Extravaganza Auction goes LIVE at 11am PT on Saturday, December 12, 2015.
For more information, please visit http://www.premiereprops.com or http://www.hollywoodliveauctions.com or call (310) 322-PROP / (888) 761-PROP.
The Bearded Trio - The Site For Steven Spielberg, George Lucas and John Williams
THE BEARDED TRIO ON FACEBOOK
THE BEARDED TRIO ON TWITTER
THE BEARDED TRIO ON GOOGLE+
THE BEARDED TRIO ON PINTEREST
CLICK HERE FOR FACTS ON STEVEN SPIELBERG
CLICK HERE FOR FACTS ON GEORGE LUCAS
CLICK HERE FOR FACTS ON JOHN WILLIAMS